Whether you will be purchasing a home with cash or financing it, the foundation of a home purchase exists in how it is going to be funded.
One of the ways that you can avoid wasting time, resources, and falling in love with a home that may not meet the criteria of your financial needs is to talk with a home lending professional to explore the financial opportunities that are available to you in the Pocono Mountain area and get pre qualified or pre-approved.
What is the difference between Pre-Qualified and Pre-Approved?
Pre-Qualified: The process where your credit may or may not be run and based on verbal information, your lender gives you a document that states what type of mortgage you would be approved for when the information that you gave to them is confirmed.
Pre-Approval: A pre-approval holds more value than a pre-qualification. A pre-approval goes beyond a credit report and verifies your employment & residency information and preliminarily approves you for a mortgage conditioned on the home you are buying meets all appraisal and underwriting criteria.
When you get pre-approved, you…
- Discover how much home you can afford and what your monthly payment will be
- Strengthen your purchasing power; by displaying how serious you are to a Seller
- Increase your negotiation ability by exhibiting eagerness to close
- Eliminate doubt on what location(s) and price range to explore
- Are made aware what TOTAL funds you will need to close BOTH closing costs AND deposit monies.
Money Saving Tips…
- When shopping around for the financing options don’t forget to compare the lending institutions rate AND closing costs.
- Use a Pennsylvania lender. A lender that is familiar with local real estate values and geographic under writing processes can simplify your mortgage process.
- Ask if the lender has a CLOSING GUARANTEE